We make it easy and affordable to curate, publish, and preserve research data by providing robust infrastructure, services, and expertise to meet your organization's needs for public release of data and for meeting funder mandates. We are a non-profit organization and exist to promote an environment where research data are openly available, managed, preserved, integrated with publications, and routinely re-used to create knowledge. When you join Dryad as a Member you join a community of organizations committed to leading in best practices for open data publishing. See more information on our Membership or reach out to us at email@example.com and join our community of members today.
Join the Dryad community and better support your researchers with data publishing services they have come to rely on – helping them share, publish, and preserve their curated data with unlimited dataset submissions. See our list of members.
Joining the Dryad community has helped us build stronger connections with researchers on campus, engage more fully in discussions related to the management and sharing of research data, and become part of the broader open science community. Being able to address the question “How can I share my data?” with a top of the line and curation-focused platform not only helps us to address an immediate need but allows us to position the library as a source of expertise on related issues more generally. Our partnership with Dryad allows Lane Medical Library offer exceptional data storage and curation so we can focus our resources on education, guidance, and community building. —Director, Research & Instruction, Lane Medical Library, Stanford
Membership will also help you gain insight into data publishing activities at your organization and connect you with like-minded organizations committed to sustaining shared infrastructure for data publishing, curation, management, and preservation. Along with benefiting from Dryad’s core services members have access to:
- Unlimited data publishing deposits – all fees, including large file costs, will be covered for submissions made by researchers affiliated with your institution.
- Hands-on administrative dashboard – administrators will have access to a dashboard of all activity from your institution including curation and publishing activity for each dataset. This critical information provides a unique insight into data publishing activities at your institution and allows you to connect with your researchers.
- Branded instance – users logging into Dryad from member institutions will access a custom-branded interface with their institution’s logo.
- Integrate with local resources – Dryad members can integrate Dryad metadata and data, via API, with their local repository, ILS system, or storage system.
- Training and help – the Dryad team will help you get set up for success and will assist when you need it.
- Shape Dryad’s strategic direction – Contribute your institution’s views and priorities at Dryad-hosted events throughout the year. Exercise your vote to elect Dryad’s Board of Directors and influence the bylaws.
Institutional Member Fee Structure
All member levels include the benefits listed above. The level selected should reflect your institution’s anticipated research output. Please select the level that you believe is the best fit for your institution. We are happy to discuss this decision with you.
We offer several levels of memberships. All fees listed are annual and in USD.
- Level I Membership: $3,000 – Primarily teaching institutions or small research output
- Level II Membership: $7,500 – Medium, research-intensive institutions
- Level III Membership: $13,000 – Large, research-intensive institutions
Our open membership is focused on accessible and transparent membership fees and services. If you are interested in joining Dryad’s member community, please reach out directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A Dryad Consortium is a group of three or more organizations that have come together to collectively participate in Dryad’s membership program and use Dryad’s services and resources within their consortium. The benefits of a Dryad Consortium allow like-minded organizations to share knowledge and pool resources to increase the uptake of Dryad services.
A Dryad Consortium designates a single organization within the consortium that is the Consortium Lead and serves as the main contact point for Dryad communication and billing. The Consortium Lead works with the Dryad team and helps implement the adoption of Dryad within their consortium. The Dryad Consortium can distribute costs and align activities across their Consortium Organizations to align with their own policies and practices.
Consortia Member Fee Structure
All member levels include the benefits listed for Institutional Members. The level selected should reflect your consortia’s anticipated research output. In the first year of membership, there is an additional setup fee of $200 per institution. Please select the level that you believe is the best fit for your consortia. We are happy to discuss this decision with you.
Consortia costs align with our Institutional Membership fee structure and are based on the anticipated research output of each institution, with a 20% discount then applied. For example, if a consortium consists of three Level I institutes and two Level II institutes, the cost would be 3 x $3000 ($9000 for the Level I institutions), 2 x $7500 ($15,000 for the Level II institutions) for a sum of $24,000 with then a 20% discount applied, for a total consortia member fee of $19,200.
If you are interested in joining Dryad’s member community as a consortia, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
Individual journals, publishers, and scholarly societies can join the Dryad community through publisher membership. Publisher support for Dryad was foundational in our establishment and continues to be essential in allowing us to provide open data infrastructure and simple workflows for your authors.
For more information on Publisher Membership, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.