You searched for:
2019. Passy, Sophia I. The hollow-shaped species abundance distribution (SAD) and its allied rank abundance distribution (RAD)—showing that abundance is unevenly distribu... The American Naturalist.
2019. Lowry, David Bryant, Behrman, Katherine D., Grabowski, Paul, Morris, Geoffrey P., Kiniry, James R., and Juenger, Thomas E. Determining the patterns and mechanisms of natural selection in the wild is of fundamental importance to understanding the differentiation of popul... The American Naturalist.
43. Data from: Adaptive and selective seed abortion reveals complex conditional decision making in plants
2019. Meyer, Katrin M., Soldaat, Leo L., Auge, Harald, and Thulke, Hans-Hermann. Behaviour is traditionally attributed to animals only. Recently, evidence for plant behaviour is accumulating, mostly from plant physiological stud... The American Naturalist.
44. Data from: Adaptive differences in circadian clock gene expression patterns and photoperiodic diapause induction in Nasonia vitripennis
2019. Dalla Benetta, Elena, Beukeboom, Leo W., and van de Zande, Louis. Day length (photoperiod) and temperature oscillate daily and seasonally and are important cues for season-dependent behaviour. Larval diapause of t... The American Naturalist.
2019. Heath, Jeremy J., Abbot, Patrick, and Stireman, John O. Most studies of adaptive radiation in animals focus on resource competition as the primary driver of trait divergence. The roles of other ecologica... The American Naturalist.
46. Data from: Adaptive radiation and ecological opportunity in Sulawesi and Philippine fanged frog (Limnonectes) communities.
2019. Setiadi, Mohammad Iqbal, McGuire, Jimmy A, Brown, Rafe M, Zubairi, Mohammad, Iskandar, Djoko T, Andayani, Noviar, Supriatna, Jatna, and Evans, Ben J. Because island communities are derived from the mainland, they are often less diverse by comparison. However, reduced complexity of island communi... The American Naturalist.
47. Data from: Adaptive sex allocation in relation to hatching synchrony and offspring quality in house wrens
2019. Bowers, Emerson Keith, Sakaluk, Scott K., and Thompson, Charles F. Increased variance in the reproductive success of males relative to females favors mothers that optimally allocate sons and daughters to maximize t... The American Naturalist.
48. Data from: Adult mortality probability and nest predation rates explain parental effort in warming eggs with consequences for embryonic development time
2019. Martin, Thomas E., Oteyza, Juan C., Boyce, Andrew J., Lloyd, Penn, and Ton, Riccardo. Parental behavior and effort vary extensively among species. Life history theory suggests that age-specific mortality could cause this interspecif... The American Naturalist.
49. Data from: Age-dependent modulation of songbird summer feather molt by temporal and functional constraints
2019. Kiat, Yosef and Sapir, Nir. Time constraints influence various ecological, life-history, and demographic properties of individuals and populations of many species throughout t... The American Naturalist.
50. Data from: Age-specific offspring mortality economically tracks food abundance in a piscivorous seabird
2019. Vedder, Oscar, Zhang, He, Dänhardt, Andreas, and Bouwhuis, Sandra. Earlier offspring mortality prior to independence saves resources for kin, which should be more beneficial when food is short. Using 24 years of da... The American Naturalist.