You searched for:
1. Data from: A cross-seasonal perspective on local adaptation: metabolic plasticity mediates responses to winter in a thermal-generalist moth
2019. Williams, Caroline M., Chick, Wesley D., and Sinclair, Brent J. The physiological and ecological impact of the thermal environment across life-stages can result in trade-offs that determine fitness and populatio... Functional Ecology. University of California System and Western University.
2. Data from: A key floral scent component (β-trans-bergamotene) drives pollinator preferences independently of pollen rewards in seep monkeyflower
2019. Haber, Ariela I., Sims, James W., Mescher, Mark C., De Moraes, Consuelo M., and Carr, David E. 1) Floral odors play an important role in attracting insect pollinators. Because pollinators visit flowers to obtain pollen and nectar rewards, the... Functional Ecology. University of Virginia.
2019. Matsushita, Michinari, Takata, Katsuhiko, Hitsuma, Gaku, Yagihashi, Tsutomu, Noguchi, Mahoko, Shibata, Mitsue, and Masaki, Takashi. 1.One of the major problems in understanding growth trends in long-lived trees is the difficulty of separately quantifying the effects of tree size... Functional Ecology. Akita Prefectural University and Forestry and Forest Products Research Institute.
4. Data from: A portfolio effect of shrub canopy height on species richness in both stressful and competitive environments
2019. Bråthen, Kari Anne and Lortie, Christopher. Facilitating effects of benefactor plants on plant species richness have been commonly tested in stressful habitats because competitive effects are... Functional Ecology. York University.
2019. Logan, Michael L., Fernandez, Sarah G., and Calsbeek, Ryan. Many tropical ectotherms are considered vulnerable to anthropogenic climate change because they have evolved to become thermal specialists. Indeed,... Functional Ecology.
6. Data from: Abiotic environmental variation drives virulence evolution in a fish host-parasite geographic mosaic
2019. Mahmud, Muayad A., Bradley, Jannette E., MacColl, Andrew D. C., and Bradley, Janette E. 1.Parasite virulence varies greatly. Theory predicts that this arises from parasites optimising a trade-off between the mortality they inflict on c... Functional Ecology. University of Nottingham.
7. Data from: Accelerometers can measure total and activity-specific energy expenditure in free-ranging marine mammals only if linked to time-activity budgets
2019. Jeanniard-du-Dot, Tiphaine, Guinet, Christophe, Arnould, John P. Y., Speakman, John R., Trites, Andrew W., and Arnould, John P.Y. Energy expenditure is an important component of foraging ecology, but is extremely difficult to estimate in free-ranging animals and depends on how... Functional Ecology. University of British Columbia and Deakin University.
8. Data from: Accumulation rates and sources of external nitrogen in decaying wood in a Norway spruce dominated forest
2019. Rinne, Katja T., Rajala, Tiina, Peltoniemi, Krista, Chen, Janet, Smolander, Aino, and Mäkipää, Raisa. Microbial respiration in dead wood contributes substantially to the long-lived forest carbon (C) pool and has a significant role in the forest nitr... Functional Ecology. Natural Resources Institute Finland.
9. Data from: Accuracy of background matching and prey detection: predation by blue tits (Cyanistes caeruleus) indicates intense selection for highly matching prey colour pattern
2019. Merilaita, Sami and Dimitrova, Marina. 1. Although background matching decreases prey detectability, resemblance between camouflaged prey and their visual background is seldom perfect. T... Functional Ecology. Uppsala University.
10. Data from: Active prey mixing as an explanation for polyphagy in predatory arthropods: synergistic dietary effects on egg production despite a behavioural cost
2019. Marques, Renata Vieira, Sarmento, Renato Almeida, Lemos, Felipe, Pedro-Neto, Marçal, Sabelis, Maurice W., Venzon, Madelaine, Pallini, Angelo, and Janssen, Arne. 1.Mixing of prey that differ in nutrient content or toxic compounds (dietary mixing) may allow synovigenic predatory arthropods to balance their di... Functional Ecology. Universidade Federal do Tocantins and University of Amsterdam.