You searched for: Geographical Location Africa Remove constraint Geographical Location: Africa
2019. Spottiswoode, Claire N. and Spottiswoode, C. N. Many brood parasitic birds lay eggs that mimic their hosts' eggs in appearance. This typically arises from selection from discriminating hosts that... Biology Letters. University of Cambridge.
2. Data from: A circannual perspective on daily and total flight distances in a long-distance migratory raptor, the Montagu's harrier, Circus pygargus
2019. Schlaich, Almut E., Bouten, Willem, Bretagnolle, Vincent, Heldbjerg, Henning, Klaassen, Raymond H. G., Sørensen, Iben H., Villers, Alexandre, and Both, Christiaan. Long-distance migrants are particularly recognized for the distances covered on migration, yet little is known about the distances they cover durin... Biology Letters. University of Amsterdam, French National Centre for Scientific Research, and University of Groningen.
3. Data from: A collection of non-human primate computed tomography scans housed in MorphoSource, a repository for 3D data
2019. Copes, Lynn E., Lucas, Lynn M., Thostenson, James D., Hoekstra, Hopi E., and Boyer, Douglas M. A dataset of high-resolution microCT scans of primate skulls (crania and mandibles) and certain postcranial elements was collected to address quest... Scientific Data.
4. Data from: A Cretaceous aged Paleotropical dispersal established an endemic lineage of Caribbean praying mantises
2019. Svenson, Gavin, Rodrigues, Henrique M., and Svenson, Gavin J. Recent phylogenetic advances have uncovered remarkable biogeographic histories that have challenged traditional concepts of dispersal, vicariance a... Proceedings of the Royal Society B: Biological Sciences. Cleveland Museum of Natural History.
5. Data from: A full annual perspective on sex-biased migration timing in long-distance migratory birds
2019. Briedis, Martins, Bauer, Silke, Adamik, Peter, Alves, José A., Costa, Joana S., Emmenegger, Tamara, Gustafsson, Lars, Koleček, Jaroslav, Liechti, Felix, Meier, Christoph M., Prochazka, Petr, and Hahn, Steffen. In many taxa, the most common form of sex-biased migration timing is protandry – the earlier arrival of males at breeding areas. Here we test this ... Proceedings of the Royal Society B.
6. Data from: A genome-wide data assessment of the African lion (Panthera leo) population genetic structure and diversity in Tanzania
2019. Smitz, Nathalie, Jouvenet, Olivia, Ambwene Ligate, Fredrick, Crosmary, William-George, Ikanda, Dennis, Chardonnet, Philippe, Fusari, Alessandro, Meganck, Kenny, Gillet, François, Melletti, Mario, and Michaux, Johan R. The African lion (Panthera leo), listed as a vulnerable species on the IUCN Red List of Threatened Species (Appendix II of CITES), is mainly impact... PLOS ONE. Royal Museum for Central Africa, University of Liège, Ministry of Natural Resources and Tourism, Tanzania Wildlife Research Institute, and Centre de Coopération Internationale en Recherche Agronomique pour le Développement.
2019. Massey, N. Claire, Garrod, Gala, Wiebe, Antoinette, Henry, Andrew J., Huang, Zhi, Moyes, Catherine L., and Sinka, Marianne E. Anopheles mosquitoes were first recognised as the transmitters of human malaria in the late 19th Century and have been subject to a huge amount of ... Scientific Data.
8. Data from: A hybrid phylogenetic–phylogenomic approach for species tree estimation in African Agama lizards with applications to biogeography, character evolution, and diversification
2019. Leaché, Adam D., Wagner, Philipp, Linkem, Charles W., Böhme, Wolfgang, Papenfuss, Theodore J., Chong, Rebecca A., Lavin, Brian R., Bauer, Aaron M., Nielsen, Stuart V., Greenbaum, Eli, Rödel, Mark-Oliver, Schmitz, Andreas, LeBreton, Matthew, Ineich, Ivan, Chirio, Laurent, Ofori-Boateng, Caleb, Eniang, Edem A., Baha El Din, Sherif, Lemmon, Alan R., and Burbrink, Frank T. Africa is renowned for its biodiversity and endemicity, yet little is known about the factors shaping them across the continent. African Agama liza... Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution. University of Washington, Villanova University, University of California System, Colorado State University, Sonoma State University, University of Mississippi, Natural History Museum of Geneva, University of Uyo, Florida State University, and College of Staten Island.
9. Data from: A molecular genetic time scale demonstrates Cretaceous origins and multiple diversification rate shifts within the order Galliformes (Aves)
2019. Stein, R. Will, Brown, Joseph W., and Mooers, Arne Ø. The phylogeny of Galliformes (landfowl) has been studied extensively; however, the associated chronologies have been criticized recently due to mis... Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution. Simon Fraser University and University of Michigan-Ann Arbor.
10. Data from: A multilocus perspective on phylogenetic relationships in the Namib darkling beetle genus Onymacris (Tenebrionidae)
2019. Lamb, Trip and Bond, Jason E. Tenebrionid beetles, common constituent faunae of arid ecosystems worldwide, are particularly abundant in Africa’s Namib and Kalahari deserts. With... Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution. East Carolina University and Auburn University.