1. Data from: A Bayesian approach for detecting the impact of mass-extinction events on molecular phylogenies when rates of lineage diversification may vary
2019. May, Michael R., Hoehna, Sebastian, and Moore, Brian R. The paleontological record chronicles numerous episodes of mass extinction that severely culled the Tree of Life. Biologists have long sought to as... Methods in Ecology and Evolution. University of California System and Stockholm University.
2. Data from: A bird-like skull in a Triassic diapsid reptile increases heterogeneity of the morphological and phylogenetic radiation of Diapsida
2019. Pritchard, Adam C. and Nesbitt, Sterling J. The Triassic Period saw the first appearance of numerous amniote lineages (e.g. Lepidosauria, Archosauria, Mammalia) that defined Mesozoic ecosyste... Royal Society Open Science. Yale University and Virginia Tech.
3. Data from: A branch-heterogeneous model of protein evolution for efficient inference of ancestral sequences
2019. Groussin, Mathieu, Boussau, Bastien, Gouy, Manolo, Groussin, M., Boussau, B., and Gouy, M. Most models of nucleotide or amino acid substitution used in phylogenetic studies assume that the evolutionary process has been homogeneous across ... Systematic Biology. University of Lyon System.
4. Data from: A chloroplast tree for Viburnum (Adoxaceae) and its implications for phylogenetic classification and character evolution
2019. Clement, Wendy C., Arakaki, Mónica, Sweeney, Patrick W., Edwards, Erika J., and Donoghue, Michael J. Premise of the study: Despite recent progress, significant uncertainties remain concerning relationships among early-branching lineages within Vibu... American Journal of Botany. Brown University and Yale University.
5. Data from: A first look at diversification of Beaksedges (tribe Rhynchosporeae: Cyperaceae) in habitat, pollination, and photosynthetic features
2019. Buddenhagen, Christopher E., Thomas, W. Wayt, and Mast, Austin R. Tribe Rhynchosporeae (ca. 386 spp.; Cyperaceae) has high levels of endemicity (? 44%) in tropical and subtropical American savannas and can provide... Memoirs of the New York Botanical Garden.
6. Data from: A five gene phylogenetic study of Fuireneae (Cyperaceae) with a revision of Isolepis humillima
2019. Dame, Heather E., Shiels, Derek R., Linton, Eric, Starr, Julian R., Shorkey, Adriane L., Fleming, Samantha, Lichtenwald, Samantha K., Schick, Elizabeth R., Pozo, David, and Monfils, Anna K. Cyperaceae tribe Fuireneae consists of six genera (Actinoscirpus, Pseudoschoenus, Fuirena, Bolboschoenus, Schoenoplectus, and Schoenoplectiella) an... Systematic Botany.
2019. Benson, Roger B. J., Evans, Mark, Smith, Adam S., Sassoon, Judyth, Moore-Faye, Scott, Ketchum, Hilary F., and Forrest, Richard. Pliosaurids were a long-lived and cosmopolitan group of marine predators that spanned 110 million years and occupied the upper tiers of marine ecos... PLoS ONE. University of Oxford, New Walk Museum and Art Gallery, University of Bristol, and University of Cambridge.
8. Data from: A molecular genetic time scale demonstrates Cretaceous origins and multiple diversification rate shifts within the order Galliformes (Aves)
2019. Stein, R. Will, Brown, Joseph W., and Mooers, Arne Ø. The phylogeny of Galliformes (landfowl) has been studied extensively; however, the associated chronologies have been criticized recently due to mis... Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution. Simon Fraser University and University of Michigan-Ann Arbor.
9. Data from: A molecular phylogeny of Eumorpha (Lepidoptera: Sphingidae) and the evolution of anti-predator larval eyespots
2019. Ponce, Francesca V., Breinholt, Jesse W., Hossie, Thomas, Barber, Jesse R., Janzen, Daniel H., Hallwachs, Winnie, and Kawahara, Akito Y. Many insects possess conspicuous external circular ring markings that resemble the eye of a vertebrate. These ‘eyespots’ typically function to star... Systematic Entomology. University of Florida, Carleton University, Boise State University, and University of Pennsylvania.
10. Data from: A molecular phylogeny of Staphyleaceae: implications for generic delimitation and classical biogeographic disjunctions in the family
2019. Harris, AJ, Chen, Ping-Ting, Xu, Xin-Wei, Yang, Xue, Wen, Jun, and Zhang, Jian-Qiang. Staphyleaceae traditionally comprises three genera of temperate and tropical trees and shrubs: Euscaphis Siebold & Zucc., Staphylea L., and Tuprini... Journal of Systematics and Evolution. Smithsonian Institution, Wuhan University, Kunming University, and Shaanxi Normal University.