You searched for: Subject Area Population Genetics - Empirical Remove constraint Subject Area: Population Genetics - Empirical
1. Ancient and modern colonization of North America by hemlock woolly adelgid, Adelges tsugae (Hemiptera: Adelgidae), an invasive insect from East Asia
2019. Havill, Nathan P., Shiyake, Shigehiko, Lamb Galloway, Ashley, Foottit, Robert G., Yu, Guoyue, Paradis, Annnie, Elkinton, Joseph, Montgomery, Michael E., Sano, Masakazu, Caccone, Adalgisa, and Paradis, Annie. Hemlock woolly adelgid, Adelges tsugae, is an invasive pest of hemlock trees (Tsuga) in eastern North America. We used 14 microsatellites and mitoc... Molecular Ecology. United States Department of Agriculture, Osaka Museum of Natural History, Virginia Tech, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Hokkaido University, and Yale University.
2. Data from: A comparative assessment of SNP and microsatellite markers for assigning parentage in a socially monogamous bird
2019. Kaiser, Sara, Taylor, Scott A., Chen, Nancy, Sillett, Scott, Bondra, Eliana R., Webster, Michael, Kaiser, Sara A., and Sillett, T. Scott. Single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) are preferred over microsatellite markers in many evolutionary studies, but have only recently been applied ... Molecular Ecology Resources. University of Colorado Boulder, Cornell University, and Smithsonian Conservation Biology Institute.
3. Data from: A fast-evolving X-linked duplicate of importin-α2 is overexpressed in sex-ratio drive in Drosophila neotestacea
2019. Pieper, Kathleen E., Unckless, Robert L., and Dyer, Kelly A. Selfish genetic elements that manipulate gametogenesis to achieve a transmission advantage are known as meiotic drivers. Sex-ratio X-chromosomes (S... Molecular Ecology. University of Georgia and University of Kansas.
4. Data from: A genetics-based approach confirms immune associations with life history across multiple populations of an aquatic vertebrate (Gasterosteus aculeatus)
2019. Whiting, James R., Magalhaes, Isabel S., Singkam, Abdul R., Robertson, Shaun, D'Agostino, Daniele, Bradley, Janette E., MacColl, Andrew D.C., and MacColl, Andrew D. C. Understanding how wild immune variation covaries with other traits can reveal how costs and trade-offs shape immune evolution in the wild. Divergen... Molecular Ecology. University of Nottingham, University of Sussex, University of Roehampton, University of Bengkulu, and University of Glasgow.
5. Data from: A genome scan for selection signatures comparing farmed Atlantic salmon with two wild populations: testing co-localization among outlier markers, candidate genes, and QTLs for production traits
2019. Liu, Lei, Ang, Keng Pee, Elliott, J. A. K., Kent, Matthew Peter, Lien, Sigbjørn, MacDonald, Danielle, and Boulding, Elizabeth Grace. Comparative genome scans can be used to identify chromosome regions, but not traits, that are putatively under selection. Identification of targete... Evolutionary Applications. University of Guelph, Norwegian University of Life Sciences, and Fisheries and Oceans Canada.
2019. Hemmer-Hansen, Jakob, Nielsen, Einar E., Therkildsen, Nina O., Taylor, Martin I., Ogden, Rob, Geffen, Audrey J., Bekkevold, Dorte, Helyar, Sarah, Pampoulie, Christophe, Johansen, Torild, and Carvalho, Gary R. The genomic architecture underlying ecological divergence and ecological speciation with gene flow is still largely unknown for most organisms. One... Molecular Ecology. Technical University of Denmark, University of East Anglia, Royal Zoological Society of Scotland, University of Bergen, Marine Research Institute, and Bangor University.
7. Data from: A high density SNP chip for genotyping great tit (Parus major) populations and its application to studying the genetic architecture of exploration behaviour
2019. Kim, Jun-Mo, Santure, Anna W., Barton, Henry J., Quinn, John L., Cole, Eleanor F., Visser, Marcel E., Sheldon, Ben C., Groenen, Martien A.M., van Oers, Kees, Slate, Jon, Santure, A. W., Kim, J.-M., Barton, H. J., Slate, J., Visser, M. E., van Oers, K., Quinn, J. L., Cole, E. F., and Sheldon, B. C. High density SNP microarrays (‘SNP chips’) are a rapid, accurate and efficient method for genotyping several hundred thousand polymorphisms in larg... Molecular Ecology Resources. University of Auckland, University of Sheffield, Chung-Ang University, Nederlands Instituut voor Ecologie, University College Cork, and University of Oxford.
8. Data from: A new multiplex SNP genotyping assay for detecting hybridization and introgression between the M and S molecular forms of Anopheles gambiae
2019. Lee, Yoosook, Marsden, Clare D., Nieman, Catelyn, and Lanzaro, Gregory C. The M and S forms of A. gambiae have been the subject of intense study, but are morphologically indistinguishable and can only be identified using ... Molecular Ecology Resources. University of California, Davis.
9. Data from: A population genomic scan in Chorthippus grasshoppers unveils previously unknown phenotypic divergence
2019. Berdan, Emma L., Mazzoni, Camilla J., Waurick, Isabelle, Roehr, Johannes T., and Mayer, Frieder. Understanding the genetics of speciation and the processes that drive it is a central goal of evolutionary biology. Grasshoppers of the Chorthippus... Molecular Ecology. Museum für Naturkunde and Berlin Brandenburg Institute of Advanced Biodiversity Research.
10. Data from: A prezygotic transmission distorter acting equally in female and male zebra finches Taeniopygia guttata
2019. Knief, Ulrich, Schielzeth, Holger, Ellegren, Hans, Kempenaers, Bart, and Forstmeier, Wolfgang. The two parental alleles at a specific locus are usually inherited with equal probability to the offspring. However, at least three processes can l... Molecular Ecology. Max Planck Institute for Ornithology, Bielefeld University, and Uppsala University.